
Well, some new press is good. Metroland has done a short blurb on Troy NIght Out. Will the cover of the metroland make more people aware of our event and the work being put into our city? I certainly hope so. Let's put that circulation to good use.
On my mothers invitation, I traveled down to Hudson on Tuesday. Her office is down there and we decided it best that we both blow off the day and have a 3 hour lunch date together. I felt as if I were on vacation away from all of the day to day worries. We spent the afternoon at a little french cafe eating crepes, chevre chaud and an assortment of desserts. I couldn't help but think that if HUDSON can do it, CERTAINLY, TROY can do it.
When I was young, Warren street was not a place you went at night....or so you were warned. There had been the smattering of antiques stores that had been there for years but nothing of what it is today. Even 6 years ago when I was working in Hudson it had nothing on what it is today....that is a very short period of time for that rather large boom to occur.
Don and I are spending every night finishing the renovations on our house before we move in later this month. Troy's Little Italy will be home. I feel extremely positive about the progress that we can and will help to spur. There is a strong community of Supporters in the area. Jean Kruger of All Blues, the Defazio's, The Flavour Cafe, etc, etc... Is it crazy to say that spring is just around the corner?? Maybe it's because I'm always planned so far ahead that seasons pass so quickly. I feel that once spring hits...there will be something insatiable in the area for movement and growth.
Plans to really move the Vacant Storefront Artist Project toward Little Italy for Troy Night Out will hopefully come to fruition by our one year anniversary this February.
It's going to move so quickly now.

No comments:
Post a Comment